Monday, August 2, 2010

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah!


Come September, I will embark on an adventure that I've never before had the privilege (guts?) to do. I will wake up Monday morning the 13th and climb into a car with a few suitcases and ride to Newark Airport. There I will exit the vehicle, remove my suitcase, place it on the curb, heave my pack back up, slipping my arms into the shoulder straps and adjust it into a comfortable position and turn back to the car. There I will retrieve one (1) 2 1/2 year old boy and one (1) 18 month old girl. After placing them into their respect strollers that their Dad or my hubby have probably set up for us, I will kiss James goodbye (not doubt tearing up), turn to my sister, Sharon, with a big smile and say, "Let's DO this!"

Disney World. I have an inkling that this place of famous, fabulous, fantastic, phenomenal, family fun is not gonna know what hit it! I am a crazy Disney World addict and I intend to squeeze every drop of vacation fun out of this trip that I can. Now, I understand that my normal schedule of WDW awesomeness will have to be toned down and adjusted because I have two little ones. Most grownups, my James included, cannot keep the Disney World schedule I keep while on vacation there. In fact, in the five times that I have been there only one person has kept pace with me. Paula! My very special friend is just as crazy about Disney World as I am and this past December we achieved the ultimate goal of all four parks in 13 hours!! (That was a beautiful day *tear*, haha!)

Some of the necessary things that I will be incorporating into this trip will be scheduled nap times, consistent bedtimes and limited sugar. I know, I know, it's supposed to be a vacation, but Disney World, with even big kids (like myself), is major stimulation overload and the more of a routine we have, the better it will be!

We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (yay!) and here is what I hope to accomplish on each day, at each of the parks. This if definitely subject to change depending on weather and/or meltdowns/energy levels.

Mon 13th: We arrive and check into AK Resort. We check out our room, change diapers and clothing (if needed) and head downstairs to the Quick Service Counter for lunch. After a leisurely as possible lunch (its hard to sit still knowing that the Magic Kingdom is waiting) we'll hop the bus to MK! I have not decided what their first WDW ride should be, but it's a toss up between Dumbo and Pooh Bear. Dinner will be a Quick-Service Meal at MK, I did not want to schedule dinner reservations on the first day because that day is jam packed enough with the flight and such, plus their naps will be thrown off that day. Some of the other attractions I hope to visit with them will be, The Jungle Cruise,Pirates of the Carribean, The Country Bear Jamboree, Monsters Inc ~Laugh Floor, Peter Pan's Flight and the Tiki Room. (it's a small world will be closed for refurbishment while we are there...boo!) I'm looking to be back to resort and in bed by 9:30

Tues 14th: Breakfast and then off to EPCOT. Some of the attractions I would like us to see are, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush and Figment! We will definitely be avoiding, Honey, I shrunk the Audience, but not because of Seth and Gracie. Sharon has a fear of snakes and she will NOT appreciate the 3D show where the enormous snake jumps off the screen to bite at you! haha! For lunch we are eating at the Coral Reef, which is simply awesome! For those of you who have never been there, it is a restaurant built on the side of their humongous aquarium! Prayerfully, Gracie will not freak out at the sharks that swim by! After lunch we will head back for nap time and Sharon and I can take turns swimming in the Resort pool. The evening is open so we may head over to Hollywood Studios or perhaps stay at the resort for an evening of swimming and exploring all the verandas that overlook the animals! Whatever we decide, we will have a Quick-Service meal for dinner and enjoy ourselves. (MK is having a Halloween Party that night, so we are not headed there)

Wed 15th: Breakfast. Then off to Hollywood Studios. Some attractions I definitely want to hit up will be, Toy Story Mania, Playhouse Disney~Live on Stage and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We will have lunch at a Quick-Service counter and head back to the Resort for nap time. After naps, our dinner is scheduled at the Crystal Palace in Magic kingdom. The Crystal Palace is a Winnie the Pooh character meal, and I am hoping to get some really cute pictures of Seth and Gracie interacting with each one of the characters that come around to the table! After dinner, we can hit up a few rides and attractions and head back unwind for bedtime...unless, by some miracle, Seth and Gracie decide that they suddenly like fireworks and we get a chance to view them! hehe

Thurs 16th: Breakfast. Head over to Hollywood Studios and hopefully see Beauty and the Beast on stage as well at the Muppets 3D and The Magic of Disney Animation. Lunch will be at Hollywood and Vine, which is a character dine with JoJo's Circus. Looking forward to that and hoping they enjoy seeing the characters, especially after the Live on Stage performance. After nap times we have dinner at EPCOT with the princesses. I tried to get Gracie a princess costume of Tiana, from the Princess and the Frog, but the smallest size they had was a 2/3 and it was far too long for my petite niece. She wouldn't be able to walk in it, and I am not going to restrict her to sitting in a stroller just to wear a costume. Instead we have a very cute pink Minnie Mouse costume, complete with lace, white pantaloons that was on 75% off! (what a steal!) Since it will be our last night in WDW, I hope to spend it relaxed and just stroll through some of the worlds at EPCOT and pick up a few trinkets for them to bring home to their Daddy. :D

I'm really looking forward to this special time with my babies. Although I know they most likely will not remember any of it, I plan to have PLENTY of pictures documenting their first visit to the home of THE coolest mouse ever, whom Seth lovingly calls"Meen-Kee Moun-se"! Until then I'll keep reading Disney Bear's Day at the Magic Kingdom to help prepare them for the most exciting adventure of their young lives!!

2 comments: