Monday, May 2, 2011

First Ultrasound!


Hi Little Peep!! It's me, your Mommy!
Daddy and I took you for a ride today. We went to Solutions Pregnancy and Health Center in Shrewsbury. Our appointment was at 10 o'clock. We walked in and the very nice ladies had Mommy fill out some paperwork and then we waited to be called. Miss Cynthia came and took Mommy to a back room where we talked about all of the things that are happening to Mommy's body while you grow and get strong.(I told Miss Cynthia how sick I have been and she smiled and teared up when I told her that all the sickness in the world is worth the honor of carrying YOU!)
We had to take another pregnancy test to make sure you were really there...Mommy knew, but Miss Cynthia needed to see for herself, it's her job...
After we saw the two pink lines on that test Miss Pat was ready to do the ultrasound! Miss Pam wanted to come in too. She loves to see little babies and I think it's her job to make a big deal about how tiny and precious unborn babies are. Mommy liked all three of these ladies and pretty soon after some latex and slippery goop in interesting places, YOU popped up onto the screen! There you were, my little miracle, Peep! So tiny and precious with a little bitty heart just pounding away a mile a min! I was so happy! There were happy tears slipping out but I barely noticed them because I was too busy smiling and watching you! Daddy was to, but I only looked at him once. I wanted to stare at you as long a possible! Miss Pat and Miss Pam had a good time laughing and talking with Daddy and I.

Do you know what Miss Pat, Miss Pam, and Miss Cynthia told Mommy? They told me they were so glad I came in because they were able to rejoice with a Mommy and a Daddy that love you and can't wait to meet you!! I have a lot of work to do to get Mommy's midwife lined up to help deliver you on or about Dec 19th. Aunt Dorothy and Aunt Paula are helping me, and I am so grateful! I can't wait until you meet them! You're gonna love them!
I'll see you soon!! Daddy and I love you!!

Love,
Mommy

Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, April! This is so precious! I am so truly happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now you have the answer to another question from your August 1, 2010 post:

    6. What is it like to see that fuzzy, gray image up on that screen and to hear that tud, tud, tud of a small heartbeat? Do you cry? Do you smile ear to ear and have no words at that moment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww Peep is a good lil Peep!

    ReplyDelete