Monday, January 2, 2012

The Final Answers


Q-9. What runs through your head when you realize you're in labor? Is it joy? Fear? Anxiety? Excitement?

A. When I first realized I was in labor it was exciting! I was all alone and had been for 2 hours since it was the wee hours of the morning. There was no fear or anxiety. I completely trusted that my body knew what to do.


(I won't ask how labor feels. I once had a severe stomach infection and the doctor told me later that the pain I was experiencing was equivalent to contractions in a pregnant woman, except unlike contractions my pain had no pauses...I remember that well, I was screaming the whole way to the ER!)... LOL! For the record, the first 20 hours of contractions felt equivalent to the stomach infection pain, however, the later contractions were definitely WORSE!!!

10. What's it like to hear that first cry? To see you baby for the first time? To hold your baby for the first time? What's it like to look down and know that this precious baby is half you and half your husband and s/he was formed and knit together by an Awesome and Amazing GOD??

A. I was in a daze! A very strange, alternate universe feeling, high-as-a-kite, daze and they put this warm, squirmy, grayish, squealing baby on my and she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen! It was so surreal and I couldn't believe this perfectly formed baby had been inside of me that whole time!! It was wonderful!!


(My next post will be about my labor, so more details to come!)

3 comments: