Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Challenge

Yesterday after a wonderful birthday celebration lunch, my friend Dorothy and I sat on my couch talking. I had found my diary from 1995 that morning and I was sharing a few things in it. Over the course of our conversation Dorothy began reading entries and we were discussing where she remembers she was on that particular day 17 years ago. We were having a good time laughing about what 16 year old April had to say, LOL! Then it dawned on me. I don't write like I used to. I'm not keeping track of the day to day things that happen in my life. Therefore, I have challenged myself to write at least ONE paragraph each day, for a whole month, like my diary in 1995,and just share a little about what GOD is doing in my life. I want to do it for one month because I want to start small and one year seems so daunting! LOL! :D So here we go! Friday May 11,2012 Dear Blog-Diary, Today Anya is 5 months! Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday that I was in labor! My Squinky is getting so big! She was 19.8 pounds and 27inches at yesterday's checkup! That's a 3 pound gain and a 1 inch growth since last month! My big, lovey girl! I woke up to nurse Ani at 6:45 and then Jimmy took her downstairs when she was done because he lets me sleep in on Fridays! Woo hoo! At 10:15 Dorothy came with Katie, Jo & Mir in tow because we were going to The Turning Point Restaurant to celebrate my birthday which was last Monday. I had lobster eggs Benedict and it was certainly yummy! Dorothy says she's going to go there alone on Mother's Day morning, LOL!! After brunch we dropped her kids off and then spent the next few hours talking on my couch. After that Susie and Jordan came over and Jimmy came home from work. J & J worked on fixing Jimmy's car while Susie and I talked inside and I made truffles...they were SOOOO good!! I love truffles!!! haha! For dinner we had pizza from Franco's and I made a yummy salad to go with it. Afterwards, I took a walk around the neighborhood with Anya, Paula, Rachel, Mary, Nora, and Paula's Mom's dog, Fancy...We had a good time chatting and Nora was so hysterical! She was walking ahead and kept turning around and calling "mooooom" and sticking her tushy at us!! Ahahaha! I told Paula I was going to have to bite her when I got a hold of her because she was so yummy! LOL! Rachel took a tumble off of her scooter so the walk came to an end and we sat in Paula's backyard until it got dark. Steve, Paula, and I watched an episode of HEAVY on Netflix (we are all trying to lose weight and this show is amazingly inspiring). At around 10pm, Jimmy came down and joined us and we watched Lie To Me, another great show :D We came home and went to bed! Jimmy has to work tomorrow and I'm looking forward to perhaps seeing the Haines girls in their piano recital at 3:30! Thank You, LORD, for this wonderful day with friends and family. You have given me so much to be thankful for! Thank You for my 5 month old baby! I love her so much! Amen~

No comments:

Post a Comment