Sunday, August 4, 2013

That's Because I Wanted To...

This past week my husband Jimmy, Anya, Gracie and I spent the week up at Word of Life in Schroon Lake, NY. During the course of the week Gracie used a certain phrase several times. "That's because I wanted to" was her response to several questions and situations...... Gracie, why did you let Anya take my glasses off the end table when I wasn't looking and break them?? "That's because I wanted to".....Gracie, why did you wake up Anya when she was taking a nap?? That's because I wanted to ... Gracie, why did you choose to cry and not finish your nuggets because Pooka told you to ask nicely for more ketchup?? That's because I wanted to.....Gracie, why did you push your food away at dinner when you knew you were going to be hungry later?? That's because I wanted to ....Gracie, why did you squat down and pick your nose during the ENTIRE closing children's program?? That's because I wanted to ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................As I was pondering this on the drive home I felt the LORD bring to my mind a series of questions: April, why do you snap at Jimmy when you know he's just trying to help sometimes?? *ashamed* That's because I wanted to....April, why do you ignore Me sometimes when I am clearly leading you to forgive something/someone?? *downcast* That's because I wanted to.......April, why do you gossip about her and tear her down in your heart?? *whispering with embarrassment* That's because I wanted to ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Dear LORD, May I no longer be a stubborn little child. Mold me and shape me in the love, kindness, and forgiving example of Jesus! ~Amen~

1 comment: