Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend!






Happy 4th of July!

On this fabulous weekend of our nation's 234th birthday an array of festivities were lived and seen through the eyes of the Dynarski couple, James and April, as well their lovable niece Gracie and nephew Seth

Saturday: I was up around 7am and had my prayer and devotion time. James, who was slightly more tired than usual slept in until 8am. The cuties, Seth and Gracie arrived about 8:45 for the parade. James, Seth and I were all dressed in matching dark blue Old Navy America shirts & jean shorts and Gracie had on a sunsuit with a red and white striped top and blue starred bottom. They were very lovable and cute! hehe. Our friends, the Beisser Clan (Steve, Paula, Rachel(8) Mary(6) and Nora(2), arrived at 9am, dressed in their red,white and blueness, and we all headed over to the Milltown 4th of July parade. Even though the parade doesn't start until 10am, you must arrive in Milltown up to an hour early to get a spot in the shade. The 9 of us found a beautiful shaded spot under a cluster of trees a couple blocks before the end of the parade route! We had a wonderful time in the hour or so before the parade made it to us, just laughing, talking and playing. Pretty soon we heard a "rat-a-tum, rat-a-tat, boom, boom!" and the parade sounds drew closer and soon we saw an array of colors, flags, people, candy, cars, trucks, clowns, and animals! What a spectacular parade! We stood for every American flag and for every war veteran that passed us by. We also stood and cheered loud as could be for the Right to Life marchers! One of the Right to Lifers stopped and took a picture of me holding Seth and Gracie cheering! Unfortunately my mouth was wide open when he snapped it, so I hope he gets a hoot and holler out of my funny face! haha

After the parade the Beisser and Dynarski/Lane's headed our separate ways for lunch and after nap time we reconvened at the Beisser home for a swim! We swam (yes, me, in the KIDDIE pool haha) and had BBQ burgers and chips for dinner. Sharon and Tommy arrived around 6 to take Seth and Gracie home. James and I stayed and had movie night with our friends and enjoyed ourselves immensely! What a fantastic day!

Sunday: It was my day to sleep in a little and I snoozed until 9am. Church was wonderful! Our visiting missionaries, Tom and Sharon Huckel gave a wonderful message and special music. They are in Jewish missions in the city of Philadelphia. James and I hosted them for the day and had a wonderful time! Tom and Sharon knew my Mama and Daddy from years ago and it is always a special time seeing them. The memories they have are ones that I love to hear over and over. Since it was such a busy, and HOT weekend, we opted to eat out instead of heating the house up with cooking. We ate at the Sayreville Diner, which I'm afraid, could have used some COLDER air conditioning! It was a little sweaty in there! The afternoon was spent in the welcomed coolness of our family room where we discussed everything from tattoos to theology! I love them so much and I loved every moment of time we had with them. Tom spoke at the evening service as well and afterwards they invited James and I to dinner! I thought for sure they would have wanted to head home and felt very special that they wished to continue spending more time with us! Our dinner at IHOP was simply wonderful and I think if I had laughed anymore that night my sides would have split! I told James later on that night that the day we spent with the Huckels, was a glimpse as to what it would have been like to spend a day with my Mama and Daddy if they had lived. I was amazing and I thank the LORD for that very special time and for being in our midst and in our conversation! Thank you LORD Jesus, for a wonderful weekend with amazing people!

Proverbs 17:22 "A joyful heart is good medicine..."

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete