Monday, July 26, 2010

Word of Life!

Good Morning, everyone! I don't have too much time, but I wanted to quick write and tell you a little bit about how our vacation is going. James and I are up at Word of Life Inn, Schroon Lake, NY. I awakened this morning at 6:15am to the sounds of birds chirping outside my open window...yes, I said OPEN WINDOW! The weather outside was a cool56 degrees and the air was fresh and heavenly! Gotta love the Adirondack Mountains! hehe

James and i have bee here since Saturday. After a 5 hour drive, we dropped Rebecca H, Rebecca D, Sarah D, and Kassidy K at the boat dock for Word of Life Island where they will be spending the week. James and I then drove up the hill and checked into our room at the WOL Inn. We are in a fabulous room at the conference center and loving every moment!

We have heard amazing messages from Dr. Joe Jordan and Pastor Ray Pritchard!...oopps, I've got to get ready! It's almost time for Morning Bible Hour #1 with Pastor Erwin Lutzer, of Moody Bible Church. He is simply wonderful and I look forward to what GOD will show me in His Word today!

A few quotes from yesterdays messages that stuck with me and I've been chewing on...

1. When trials enter my life, I am to be a student and LEARN what GOD wants me to glean from it. I should not be a victim and complain, groan and whine about what isn't fair in the situation...

2. When I suffer trials, I do not suffer them alone. There are many, many people in my life that I don't realize are watching to see my reactions and if I truly live what I say I believe.


LORD, May I bring honor to Your Name today in all of my actions. Thank You for giving me this opportunity to be up here on this mountain. Prepare my heart to hear what You want me to this day and may I take what I learn and apply it to my life. In Jesus' Name I pray, AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. I used to love our vacations at Word of Life Family Campground! Such good, good memories! Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. It's been a great week, hasn't it? Blessings, Ray Pritchard

    ReplyDelete